Being a child from the sixties, I have a homesick love Monochrome images. Looking at these remind me of much and I am back at home in my imagination.
When I had my first child I assumed a no color rule. I was hard line, only desiring Black and White photographs of the birthing. Color was just not required here for some obvious reasons. I was adamant we could capture the emotion that appears at birth and that which is lost at times with the over all business of color.
I loved all of my birth images and my son Jesse just moments after he arrived in the world. So photographic, all covered in wax for his protection. I do understand the principal Sonel spoke of on her page: “More obvious when there is no color present”.
This is a new challenge and here is the link for the details to make you own way through the challenge and display the delights of Monochrome from far away and at home.
- Black and White Images are Simply Amazing (thembatimss86buthelezi.wordpress.com)
- Black and White Photo Challenge : Nature (sonelcorner.wordpress.com)
- Playing with Black and White (ericafaithphotography.com)
- Black and White (piczload.com)
- Sometime things are just black and white (catalogltd.wordpress.com)