Food in your belly is a great comfort..
Comfort food is talked about a lot these days, and people are often made to feel guilty for enjoying one of the simple pleasures in life. Comfort food sums up a different conotation for me. I am comfortable when things are as they should be or how I perceive they should be because I often look for cues from others around me and it is in fact perfectly fine in our society to indulge in festive food at the time we celebrate Christmas.
Because this has been part of my life from my earliest memory, having it in my life now makes me feel comfortable and it is a comfort to see the joy on the faces of others when we celebrate with my special food.
The Pavlova in my submission to the challenge is a special one. It started off completely round but in the previous two years I have developed a passion for heart shaped everything and so that Christmas we turned the Pav into a heart. My daughters mother-in-law, Gail and I were giggling like teenagers in the kitchen preparing it for Christmas Dinner. It was a lovely pavlova and I smile each time the image pops up in my files. I decided to share it with you.
Image – Pavlova Xmas 2011
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Comfort (youonlyhavetogetthrutoday.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Comfort (thebloggingpath.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Comfort (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Comfort (smkelly8.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Comfort (aartigarde.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Comfort (katharinetrauger.wordpress.com)
- Comfort Comes in All Forms & Philosophies (privatemixture.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Comfort (ceceliafutch.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Comfort (mkmercurio.wordpress.com)