Waking and seeing dawn is comfort to the soul.
According to the Dream time stories of Aboriginal people from the south east of Australia
“Gnowee the sun was once a woman who lived upon the earth, when it was dark all the time, and the people had to walk about with the aid of bark torches.
One day she left her little boy asleep while she went out to dig roots for food. Yams were scarce and Gnowee wandered so far that she reached the end of the earth and continuing her wandering she passed under it and came up on the other side.
Not knowing where she was, as it was dark, she could not find her little boy anywhere so she went into the sky carrying her great bark torch and still wanders across it and then travels under the earth looking for him.”
It was said that the pink and red sunset is her ochre paint streaked across the sky.
- Weekly photo Challenge – Comfort 2 (alookintomymind.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Comfort (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Comfort (ceceliafutch.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Comfort (thirdhandart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Comfort (mkmercurio.wordpress.com)